Prime Time

Monday, January 19, 2009



Recap on Prime Time
First episode of prime time introduced the fighters and showed where they come from, and talks about the driving force behind them.
The episode contained footage of there training method, life style, there background, and mostly BJ talking smack to St. Pierre. Not I’m not taken anything away from BJ Penn he is an amazing fighter and his skill level is second to none, but I find that he isn’t giving St. Pierre the respect he deserves. I was a huge Penn fan but since his fight with Jens Pulver I found the his arrogance and cockiness over shadows his ability and skills as a great fighter.
I’ve trained in MMA and Boxing gyms, I know that there are people that honestly hate to train and would prefer to just spend there time sparing, but in this episode BJ was training then decided he was going to go on a vacation with his girlfriend and try to peak once he gets back. This is a huge fight and I honestly think that BJ is taking it way to lightly. St. Pierre on the other hand he is in the gym, training like someone possessed, and taken this fight like it was his last. I don’t think that Penn is hungry for this fight, honestly is just talking through his teeth, clamming “ kill” St. Pierre this upcoming fight.
I will continue to update my blog, with my opinions, and recap of each episode.

0 comments: